The Ford Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ford Club

For all Ford Owners and Lovers!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pick "a" Part Rockhampton

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joshy351
Admin
Joshy351

Pick "a" Part Rockhampton Empty
PostSubject: Pick "a" Part Rockhampton   Pick "a" Part Rockhampton EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 2:22 pm

This is a fantastic business that's is just located up the road from my place! I went out there on a few occasions to get parts for the Ef Futura to keep us out of trouble.  Today I went on a diff hunt for the xd.  I targeted a XR6 ef falcon but come to realise someone has replaced the stock lsd diff for a single spinner at one stage of the xr6's life.  So we surdher the Pick "a" Part wrecking yard and down the far corner found a LTD with a lsd 28 spline diff.  As we were running out of time cause the place what closing in 45 minutes i decide to get them to hold the diff for me till Tuesday and I will spend my day off getting it.  Here are some pic and the links to this fantastic wrecking yard!

Here are the links!

http://www.pickapartrockhampton.com.au/

The XR6 I started with but turned out to be a single spinner!

Pick "a" Part Rockhampton 33991_thumb

Pick "a" Part Rockhampton 33993_thumb

Pick "a" Part Rockhampton 33996_thumb

The LTD that contains my LSD 28 spline diff!  Caint wait till Tuesday to fetch this gold!

Pick "a" Part Rockhampton 32146_thumb

Pick "a" Part Rockhampton 32144_thumb

Pick "a" Part Rockhampton 32149_thumb
Back to top Go down
https://thefordclub.forumotion.com
Joshy351
Admin
Joshy351

Pick "a" Part Rockhampton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pick "a" Part Rockhampton   Pick "a" Part Rockhampton EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 9:22 am

Some activity from xfalcon.com!

n00bus m@x1mus, on 17 Apr 2015 - 06:58 AM, said:
Actually, see that thrust plate doen thru the axle hole? Thats what the tripple spring pack pushes against the lsd cone to engage it, there is one each axle and it fits inside the 4 pinion cradle. 2 pin lsds dont have this but they have a weaker saddle arrangement of springs that sit over the cradle rather than inside it and you can see clear thru it out the other side.
youve got what u are looking for josh. Pull it down and rebuild it while its on the bench and u will learn all about whats what then. They are pretty cheap and simple to do.
Thanks Clint yeah man I have been doing some crazy research the last day or so and your right.  It is 4 pinion, I talked to a bloke form a business called  Diff Lapping in Brisbane.  He said if its 28 spline its 4 pinion for sure.  

XD 351 Ute, on 16 Apr 2015 - 7:12 PM, said:
Ah Pick a Part, a great place for goodies. Well used to be, they're all disappearing!
I'm on the webpage at least a couple of times a week to see what new rockets they have.
As far as your diff goes Josh, I don't see why it wouldn't fit, I'd imagine the basic centre dimensions
would be the same.
The only difference I've struck with them is axle variances between disc brake, and drum brake.
They use different seals for the bearings, but as long as spline counts are the same you should be fine.
Hardest part of the would be shimming to get correct tooth pattern & backlash, as the diff housing has to be spread
when assembling from memory.

Ed Smile

Well that's awesome thing to know Ed about the disc breaks axles!  This LTD had the same disc brakes like XF cause the hand break was incorporated with the caliper unlike the ef/el diffs.  I would have love to have found picka part 10 years ago haha, but you are also right, It would be hard to shim, but a expert told be to unbolt my 5078 sires crown wheel and bolt it onto the 5075 lsd center that I found at Picka part.  Every thing should match up good, and make sure the mains caps are on the same way they come off and everything should be sweeT !!! HAHAH power of infomation Smile

And Thanks about the left hand thread!  Would never have guess that one!! Would have come unstuck bad there lol!

My Xd Crown wheel!

Pick "a" Part Rockhampton 11147021_945795218793859_561432438670978402_n

The Lsd from the 1989 LTD I found at Picka part!

Pick "a" Part Rockhampton 11159452_945799615460086_6222133738908022_n
Back to top Go down
https://thefordclub.forumotion.com

Pick "a" Part Rockhampton
Page 1 of 1